Tuscan Kale Salad with Roasted Delicata Squash with Orange Vinaigrette
Yield: 6 cups
For the dressing:
7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 medium shallot, minced
juice of ½ orange
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
pinch of salt and pepper
For the salad:
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups delicata squash, 1 inch pieces
1 bunch kale, stems removed, cut into 1/2-inch wide ribbons (about 5 cups)
3/4 cup whole almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped
½ orange, segmented
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk 5 Tbsp. oil, vinegar, shallot, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Combine squash and 2 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Transfer squash to prepared baking sheet and roast, turning occasionally, until squash is tender and lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, combine the kale and dressing in a large bowl and massage the kale for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the squash and almonds to kale; toss well. Garnish with segmented oranges.